This Page

has been moved to new address

Lunch American Style

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wildly Exaggerated: Lunch American Style

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lunch American Style

For Mother's Day this year, we took my mom to the local Maggiano's. I only live a few minutes away, but I never eat there since 1) it's expensive and 2) I've had two disastrous relationships start there, and I'm not keen to make it three. Fortunately, I feel sufficiently secure in my relationship with my parents that I felt comfortable risking it. I don't think they're going to dump me for another girl, though I can't say I'm 100% sure. ANYWAY.

I wanted to try something other than my usual ravioli filled with 2% mushrooms and 98% cheese, in a cheesy alfredo sauce with cheese on top and a side of cheese, so I was perusing the menu more carefully than usual when I saw this:

Ah yes. The American obesity epidemic is alive and well. You've just ordered enough fat, carbs, and salt to  clog the arteries of a family of four, so you'll obviously be wanting to double up. I felt like I couldn't POSSIBLY have read that right (although it *would* explain how they figured they could charge $13 for eggplant parmesan, because really?). Sure enough, when the waitress came to take our orders, and I asked for something off this part of the menu, she followed up with: "...and what would you like for your second entree?"

Maggiano's, I love you, but that question is absurd.

In other news, my entire blog is apparently going to be about food, just like the rest of my life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home