This Page

has been moved to new address

Packin' It Up. Packin' It Oooooonnnnn Up.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wildly Exaggerated: Packin' It Up. Packin' It Oooooonnnnn Up.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Packin' It Up. Packin' It Oooooonnnnn Up.

When I started this blog, lo these 3 whole months ago, I was wide-eyed and optimistic. I was excited! I had decided I wanted to be a comedy writer! I was going to write sketches and sitcoms and funny articles, and I would have the blog for ideas that wouldn't fit anywhere else, or just as a place to find my voice and keep in touch with all the cool people I met along the way!

It was a good time. I told myself I needed to post on the blog at least 3 times a week, just to keep my skills sharp and get into the habit of generating content.

But the last few days few weeks month has been really rough, in terms of Real Life. I absolutely refuse to get into it here, because that's not what this is for, but it has been exasperating and draining and frustrating. As a result, I've been in a Really Quite Bad Mood. I'm afraid that if I keep insisting on a 3-blog post/week minimum, the blog itself will become a draining stressor. As it's one of the purely pleasant things in my life at the moment, that's a risk I don't want to take.

SO! I'm not "taking a break from blogging", because I will definitely be back whenever I have something to say and the time/discipline to say it. But I am releasing myself from my obligation to post three times a week*. I'll be back whenever I feel like being back. And maybe I'll try something different, like posting audio or video or updating my tumblr blog, to snap myself out of my funk. Whatever happens, I'll see ya when I see ya, instead of seeing ya while feeling snarly. Better that way, I think we can all agree.

*Note: Of course, now that I've said I don't have to blog 3x/week, I will be blogging all the freaking time. That's the way these things usually work, anyway ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home