This Page

has been moved to new address

Try to *Avoid* Saying Sad Things to Your Friend

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wildly Exaggerated: Try to *Avoid* Saying Sad Things to Your Friend

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Try to *Avoid* Saying Sad Things to Your Friend

One of the best things about having a blog is looking to see what search terms are driving traffic to your site. I think you're supposed to use that to gear your writing to an ever-growing audience for ad revenue purposes, but as this blog makes exactly no money whatsoever, I just use it to amuse myself. The main takeaways so far are that a lot of people loathe Gmail's "consider including" feature, but even more people loathe the Wizometer. This is particularly impressive when you consider the fact that the Gmail feature affects people all over the world and the Wizometer is specific to a local news station in Atlanta. And STILL more people hate the Wizometer! Are you listening, 11Alive? KILL THE WIZOMETER, PLEASE.

I digress.

Every now and again people find me using search terms that completely mystify me. I don't know why you would search for these things, and I really don't understand why Google thought you might need to read my blog, based on that search. But there were two recent searches that made me feel, well, guilty. I guess it's not my fault that Google led this hapless searcher to such a useless page, but I still feel that I've failed him or her by not providing the answers he or she clearly needed. I don't want to be responsible for the failure of a relationship, and if that searcher ever comes back, I want him or her to come away with something helpful. So here you go, searcher person! Say these things to your friend!

"Nice Things to Say to Your Friend"

  • You look nice today!
  • What zit?
  • I bet nobody even notices.
  • I only noticed because you pointed it out!
  • It's AWESOME that you got cast in a Neil LaBute play!
  • Look, somebody's gonna win the Nobel Prize for Literature - why not you?
  • Here's $50.
  • Your mother doesn't know what she's talking about.
  • You're the wind beneath my wings.
  • I already ordered a pitcher of margaritas.
  • I would never have guessed this building was a converted Federal Prison building. Ooh, you have a fireplace!
  • You're so right.
  • Surprise! I submitted your name to "Extreme Home Makeover" and they picked you!


"Sad Things to Say to Your Friend"

  • Justin Bieber has a girlfriend.
  • I'm gonna need that $50 back.
  • She says they're out of tequila.
  • Your date had to cancel.
  • Road trip! I packed carrots and lite beer!
  • Surprise! I submitted your name to "Intervention"!
  • They aren't gonna do another series of Peep Show*.

*This is just an example; they totally are gonna do another series of Peep Show. Don't cry.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home